Synonyms: Benzenemethanaminium,N-(2-((2,6-dimethylphenyl) amino) -2-oxoethyl)-N, N-diethyl-,benzoate; Benzyldiethyl((2,6- xylylcarbamoyl) methyl) ammonium benzoate; Lidocaine benzyl benzoate.
Molecular Formula: CH N O
Molecular weight: 446.59
CAS No.: 3734-33-6
Properties: It is white crystalline powder or granule, odourless, bitter extremely and its melting point is 163 to 170°C. It is soluble in water and easily soluble in ethanol, ethylene glycol and propylene glycol. etc.. Its solution is neutral. Uses: The product is the best denaturant for alcohols and the world's bitterest known substance, adding as little as thirty parts to one million parts of a liquid makes that liquid too bitter to be tolerated by most human subjects, and because it is so bitter that it is commonly added to household items and outdoor products to prevent accidental poisonings.
As follow is mainly purpose:
1. Denaturant for alcohols and gasohol
2. Replacement for Brucine, Quassin, Quinine, Naringin,etc.
3 Bittering agent to prevent mice or children from biting such as toy and discourage swallowing substantial amounts of noxious materials;
4. Used in bittering agent for Cable and Lachrymator;
5. Aversive agent for household products. Such as pine disinfectant; Thick lavatory cleaner, spray and wipe cleaner, Wash, Insecticide, Liquid laundry detergent;
6. Aversive agent for automotive products, including anti-freezes, brake fluid, hydraulic fluid and so on;
7. And aerosol for diluted denatonium benzoate to prove the proper sitting of gas masks and other respiratory protective apparatus;
8. Aversive agent for Pesticide Insecticide, Plant food sticks, Fly bait, Ant bait, Rodenticide, Molluscicide, to prevent accidental poisonings.
9. Aversive agent for drug for exterior use and oral drug. Such as ethanol for disinfection,antiseptic,kaiselu,sleeping pill, contraceptive and so on;
10. Aversive agent for veterinary uses, such as to prevent cannibalism in pigs; to control aspiration mastitis and pyogenic mastitis in cows, animal repellent, to prevent deer nibbling young shoots on trees; to prevent horses cribbing their stalls, cat and dog repellents, bird repellent;
11. Used in gardens, agriculture and protect environment;
12. Aversive agent for cosmetics, hairdressing and hair care products. Such as nail cream, toilet water;
13. Aversive agent for paints, solvents, varnishes, and printing inks;
14. Used in protecting nylon material in aeronautics field;