Dextrose Monohydrate is moderate in sweetness. It is 65-70% as sweet as sucrose and has a solution, which is much less viscous than Liquid Glucose. DMH is freely soluble in water at room temperature and also in boiling alcohol.
The perceived sweetness can be increased to the level of sucrose in some Dextrose/Sucrose blends. Dextrose has a greater depression of freezing point than that of cane sugar, resulting in a smoother and creamier texture of the final product like in frozen food products. The bulk density of DMH is 0.65 to 0.70 kg/cc.
- Bakery Products: DMH has several functional purposes in yeast-raised foods, such as Bread and Buns. The primary purpose is to supply fermentable carbohydrates, on which the yeast may grow and provide CO2 for ‘raising’ the product. Its presence also assists in browning of the crust to give a final product that is pleasing in appearance and aroma.
- Biscuits: DMH can partially replace sucrose in fondants and cream fillings where fine crystals are required for a smooth texture.
- Alcoholic Beverages: DMH has a high fermenting ability and can be added to low-calorie beer for the complete fermentation of alcohol. No carbohydrate residue remains to increase the calories in the beverages.
- Canned Products: DMH is used in canned vegetables and fruits in some instances for controlling sweetness and preserving properties.
- Confectionaries: DMH is used extensively for sweetening and coating, chewing gum and bubble gum. DMH improves the color and gloss of the gum coatings and its high heat of solution gives a cool texture in all gum and candy coating applications.DMH contributes to the tenderness; whip ability, and sweetness in marshmallow and nougat applications.
- Meat Industry: The presence of sugar (particularly reducing sugar) in the curing mixture has a direct bearing on the quality of the color obtained at the end of cure.
- Frozen Desserts: DMH can help control ice crystals and body of frozen dairy products.
- Other Applications: Jams, Jellies, Preservatives, Peanut Butter, Seasoning, Pickle, Vinegar Fermentation, etc.
In 25/50 Kg HDPE bags with the inner liner of LDPE Heat Sealed
Here you can review the item